Plant identification markers, custom engravings and labels
The IDeal™ Garden Marker has 2 pieces uniquely designed to connect together:
A metal stake (with a fin on the sides of one end) inserts into the tapered hole of the sun-resistant plastic nameplate to create a secure but interchangeable fit that creates your custom plant marker.
Use our unique Design Online and Data Upload Ordering Software to create beautiful, botanical garden quality, custom engravings and labels or simply handwrite with a variety of colors of paint pens, 2 tip widths and a solvent pen to erase and write again.
Learn more details on all of our products and service options below
IDEAL™ GARDEN MARKER (order now)
Metal Stakes: Superior steel and design
- Stainless steel won't rust
- Strong, stiff, 45% thicker than most plant markers
- Unobtrusive single wire reduces trapping of debris and is easier to rake and power blow
- Large anchoring bend means stake stays in soil, adds stability & eliminates spinning
- End of stake has a unique fin that allow stake to stay in tapered plastic hole - yet removable
- Heights: 7", 11", 20", and 30",
Nameplates: Attractive & Versatile
- Fasten tightly to stake yet interchangeable
- Special plastic allows adhesives and paint pens to stick well
- Doubled space - write or adhere labels and engraving on BOTH sides
- 2 sizes: 3.5" wide by 1.25" or 1.75" deep
3 attractive and neutral colors: Black,Green
and Gray - look great in gardens
IDeal™ ENGRAVED NAMEPLATES (design and order NOW)
Elegant, engraved plant markers are often found at public gardens, parks, zoos, golf courses and along trails. Made from durable, sun-resistant, weatherproof, laminated plastic, we include double-sided foam tape for adhering to our IDeal™ Garden Markers or competitors' products. Our website allows you to create one engraved plant marker at a time or in bulk via our Excel nameplate upload (if they have the same formatting).
Many Engraved Nameplate Options:
- Various size and types of fonts
- Custom plate sizes available
- Bold, underline, and italics
- Beveled edges or rounded corners
- Several colors on matte or textured plastic: Black, green or brown plastic with white text or custom order!
- Coming soon! QR codes, gardening icons, more formating options!
IDeal™ SUN-RESISTANT LABELS (design and order NOW)
- Easy to read 360 dots-per-inch printing
- Strong adhesive and durable tape
- Resistant to sun, weather, chemicals, temperature (-112 to 356 °F), and abrasion
- White lettering on black tape or black lettering on white or clear tape
- .5", .75", 1" and 1.5" tape available
Labels consist of six layers of materials, resulting in a thin, extremely strong label. Characters are formed with a thermal transfer ink and sandwiched between two protective layers of PET (polyester film). The result is a virtually indestructible, weatherproof label that can withstand even the harshest conditions.
IDeal™ SUN-RESISTANT PAINT PENS (Order NOW)
The acrylic “paint” in Marvy DecoColor paint pens adheres well to our IDeal plastic nameplates (as well as competitors' metal markers). They are sun-resistant and weatherproof. We offer fine and extra fine tips and several colors: Black, White, Gold, Silver, Green, Pink, and Yellow.
Easy-to-use solvent available to remove existing text and start new!
Easily Design Your Own Plant Labels & Engravings and upload your plant list(s)
Create one plant label or engraving at a time or in bulk on our website! Choose your font, color, number of lines, spacing, alignment, and add bold, italics, and underlining. See how it will look as you make changes! Download our Excel template to make many plant labels or engravings with the same formatting. Visit the labels or engravings pages to begin creating your plant marker design!
Look Up Plant Information - Use Our Links To Plant Societies and Plant Databases
If you have several varieties of hostas, daylilies, roses, or any plant, knowing all of their names can become overwhelming. With IDeal™ Garden Markers, you can create labels and engravings with all of the plants' identification information you want to include. We've provided links to plant societies and their databases, other plant databases to assist you in creating attractive plant markers for your garden. See "Label Plants" at the top of your page.
Botanical Nomenclature Scientific Plant Naming Instructions and Data Are Available
A plant's botanical name is a formal scientific name conforming to the International Code of Nomenclature. The purpose of a formal botanical name is to have a single name that is accepted and used worldwide for a particular plant or group of plants. Give your garden extra class by providing the correct scientific naming conventions. We have provided information to help you understand and use the proper requirements. Often, these names of some Latin language in them and can be fairly long.
Read Some of Our Customers' Testimonials That Think Our Products and Services Are The Best For Plant Identification. Ever.
Not sure what to get? Order a sample kit.
Winner of Dave's Garden
Earn $5 of points when you
sign up for our newsletter